Singapore Citizens with special educational needs will be given priority for admission to MIJ Hub.
Singapore Permanent Residents (PR), Non-Permanent Residents and Foreigners may also apply for admission to MIJ Hub.
Non-Singapore citizens and Non-Permanent Residents (PR’s): Admission and continued enrolment at MIJ is conditional upon the Student having a valid Student’s Pass, Dependant Pass or other Pass issued by the Immigration Department of Singapore. Any changes in the parent’s employment and/or expiry of relevant Pass or change in immigration status of the Student must be notified to the School. Students must be legally permitted to reside in Singapore to remain enrolled at the School.
At the time of admission to MIJ, the student must be between 4 and 35 years old in accordance to the program age criteria.
MIJ accepts students who are diagnosed with Autism, Down Syndrome, ADHD, Global Developmental Delay (GDD), and Cerebral Palsy. Individuals with other diagnosis may also apply to MIJ and will be assessed on a case by case basis.
At the time of admission into MIJ, the student should
- have adequate joint attention for group learning and following group instructions. (subject to programme criteria)
- have adequate self-help skills so that child’s ability to access the pace of learning within a group setting is maximised (subject to program criteria)
- be ambulant, able to move around independently.
STEP 1: Online Registration
To register for our programmes, select one of the programme below to fill up an online form.
- Preparatory Special Education(4 – 6 years old)
- Bridging Special Education(7 – 9 years old)
- Work Readiness Adult Programme / Day Activity Centre(16 – 35 years old)
- Student Care Program(7 – 14 years old)
- WE-SPED – Ethical Behaviour Management(5 – 35 years old)
- WE-INCLUSIVE – Ethical Behaviour Management (5 – 35 years old)
Please ensure that you filled up a recent contact number for our officers to contact you within 3 working days for a follow up phone call.
STEP 2 : Follow – up Phone Call
You will receive a phone call from one of our Programme Heads.
Centre Managers will be able to provide you information on :
- The program curriculum
- Program details
- Arrangement of the enrolment interview once you have decided to enrol your child for the program.
*We seek your understanding that we do not conduct any centre tours due to the nature and safety of our students.
STEP 3 : Enrolment Interview
Once you have decided and is confirmed to enrol your child in MIJ, you will be required to make the program deposit and bring your child for the enrolment interview. During the interview, we will be interviewing the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the child to seek more information on the background and behaviours of the child. You will be required to provide a photocopy of the following documents for the interview :
- Medical Report (to be completed by a GP)
- Diagnosis Report
- Psychological Report (conducted within two years of the date of application) and/or school reports
- Photocopy of Child’s Identification:
- For Singapore Citizens — Birth Certificate
- For Singapore Permanent Residents — Singapore Permanent Residents Re-entry Document
- For Foreigners and Non – PRs – Valid legal document of stay in Singapore.
- Deed Poll (legal document required if the child has changed his/her name)
- Photocopy of Parents’/Guardians’ Identification —
- for Singapore Citizens and PRs: NRIC/Passport
- for Foreigners / Non – PRs: Passport and legal documents of stay in Singapore
- Photocopy of Certificate of Legal Guardianship (if applicable)
- Report book results/progress reports (if applicable)
- Work Place Literacy and Numeracy scores (if applicable)
Your child will also be assessed for class placement and program eligibility based on his capabilities. We may decline your child’s enrolmentor recommend an alternative programme that we deem to be suitable for your child.
FEES & SUBSIDIES
Apart from the Student Care Programme, financial assistance for other programmes are provided on a case by case basis. Parents are to be open and transparent about their financial situation and provide us with all the relevant documents to apply for financial Assistance. Interviews and home visit may be conducted by our officers as part of the financial assistance application process.
For queries on admission matters, please email email@example.com or call +65 6443 6601.